Greetings! Well, as the title says.... We will be creating awesome sock snowmen! (See picture) These are great gifts and the final price is around 3 dollars per snowman and you can make how ever many you want! You can now get all your christmas shopping knocked out in just an hour or two! Its a great way to save money and you can personlize them to fit the person you are giving it to! Well, lets get started!!!
Step 1: Materials and Tools
Okay so for the materials:
-Hot glue gun
-Tube socks. (men size 6-12 work great!)
-Decorative woman socks
Also, you will want accesories to personalize them!
-Small pom poms
And there you go! For me, all this cost round 30 bucks but i am making 20 of them so there fairly cheap! There are also lots of pictures to show you the stuff i used...
Step 2: Lets Build Up the Body!
Now were going to make the actually snowman.. heres the steps:
1. Fill the cup up with the rice and put the sock over the cup like in picture 1 and flip the cup over to dump all the rice in.
2. Repeat until you have 3 cups of rice in the sock.
3. Rubber band that off tightly around the top like in picure 2.
4. Like in step 1, fill the cup up again and pour the rice in.. but this time only put in one cup.. this will be the head..
5. Rubber band it off like in picture 3..
6. Cut off the top part of the sock until you have something like the last picture!
Now we need to put some clothes on him.. PROCEED! ;)
Step 3: Put Some Clothes on Mr. Snowman!
Now we need to dress him up..
1. Take your decorative sock and cut it in pieces like mine in picture 2.
2. Throw away the toe and heel pices.
3. Use the piece of the sock that goes on your foot (not your ankle) for the shirt and pull it over.
4. Now use the ankle part as a hat, make sure the elastic part is up at the top..
5. Roll the edges around a little bit to make it look good..
6. Take some string and tie a bow around the top of the hat like i did.. ( you cant see it in the picture but its there.. )
There we goo! Now for some Accesoriesss!!!!
Step 4: Accesories!
Now, this step isnt going to be like my other ones where you have the same thing as me.. you can look at all my pictures and think up cool stuff.. but i will give you some ideas....
-Big buttons for ear muffs
-buttons down the chest
-Take a tooth pick and color it orange or paint it and stick it in for a nose.
-googly eyes for the eyes
-use lots of ribbon for different accesories
-use jingle bells for buttons
-Pom poms for accesories
The options are endless for a cute little snowman!
Well... through all this hard work. .(haha) i think it has paid off.. We now have wonderful sock snowmen that will bring cheer to all your holiday guests.. and even to yourslef!! These are great gifts for people and, heck, half of you out there will probably make them 5 times cooler than mine! Just experiment and be creative and, well, when all else fails, google.. lol.. but these are soo cheap and take like 15 minuetes a snowman and i started making 3 at a time and i made about 8 in and hour.. have fun with it!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and please vote for me in the christmas gift contest!! I worked really hard on getting this whole instructable put together and well an ipod doesnt take the best pictures in the world.. so i need that camera prize!!! please vote for me!!