This recipe delivers on all fronts such as high protein, plenty of dietary fiber, low fat, and made purely out of non-animal ingredients!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
- Broccoli heads
- 5 shiitake
- 5 Portobello
- half an onion
- ginger and green onion
- vegetable oil
- sesame oil
- bean curd sauce
- starch (optional)
Step 2: Cutting
- Hold broccoli by the stem and carve around to cut off the flowers; split down large chunks too.
- Remove stems from the mushrooms and chop each mushroom in to 5-6 slices.
- Finely mince a bit of ginger and 2 green onions
- Cut onion into chunks.
Step 3: Stir Fry on Oil
In a hot pan, add 3 spoons of vegetable oil, and:
- Saute the ginger, onion and green onion
- Mix in mushrooms and stir fry for 3 minutes
- season with salt and thyme
Step 4: Stir Fry on Water
- Add broccoli to pan
- add water until the materials are half way emerged
- mix in bean curd sauce and cumin
- cook for 3 more minutes (starting from water starts boiling)
- (if desired) thicken the sauce with a pinch of starch
- sprinkle with sesame sauce
Step 5: Serve
Serving in a deep dish, with rice or bread.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017