Intro: Super Mario Flower - Piranha Flower
This is one of many instructables to come. This is a simple project to build a
piranha flower from the good old 8bit game days (Classics!)
Step 1: Materials Used
- 1 Can
- Foam board
- Milliput or Epoxy sculpt
- As seen on TV water bubble things (had these laying around) Dollar store item i think
- Painters tape
- Hot glue gun
- Screw driver
- precision blade (exacto knife)
Step 2: Shape the Plastic and Make the Flower Pot
After all the items are cleaned and dried.
- Flower Shape:
Warm the plant watering thing - (I used a heat gun but a hairdryer might work) and mold into shape.
2. Flower Pot:
Cut the can in half then use ducktape and cardboard under to give the plant rim a more defined look.
Step 3: Cut and Assemble
- Draw an open mouth on the bulb the cut with a Dremel or another tool.
- Cut the bottom of the watering bulb flat
- Add screw to bottom of the can (Something to connect the water bulb onto)
- Hot glue the watering bulb to the screw and stuff the can with paper
Step 4: Build Plant Mouth (Venus Flytrap)
- Cut foam board into a large circle
- Score the circle in half
- Place a foam board, cardboard circle into cut bulb head opening.
- Trace outer foam circle to size of opening, then trim.
- Hot glue foam circle into the mouth
- Using epoxy clay form lips and teeth
Complete the pot
- Cut and Insert cardboard into top of flower pot (hot glue it) add epoxy to edges of pot
- Cut cardboard and glue to bottom of pot covering the screw
Step 5: Paint and Complete
- Prime the entire project
- Add various size circles of tape to head of plant
- Paint head red, when dry remove tape circles
- Use epoxy clay and make leaves, prime and paint before attaching with hotglue
- Paint stem and leaves green
- Paint inside pot black
- Paint flower pot green
- Add red tongue
This is my first instructables, so hope you enjoy!