Intro: Super-Mud Face Mask
The world is full of overpriced beauty products that women seem to not get enough of . But, the secret is we can make a lot of them at home and it won't cost as much. Every once in a blue moon it is nice to take time out of your day to be able to relax and pamper yourself. One easy way to do that is to go out and buy a facial worth hundreds of dollars... or make a do it yourself mud face mask that does the same thing for a fourth of the price! As a woman who struggles with dry skin and acne breakouts, I need something more reasonable than buying a $75 face mask from Ulta or Sephora. Shhh! Don't tell the big wigs that this homemade recipe might be better than theirs.
Step 1: Preparation of Ingredients
First gather all of the following necessary ingredients to make the Super-Mud Mask. The brands and types of products used are solely based on personal preference and it does not matter which are ultimately chosen.
- 2 TBSP Coconut Oil (melted into liquid)
- 1/4 Cup Bentonite Clay
- 8 Capsules of Charcoal
- 1 TBSP Aloe Vera
- 4 oz. Chamomile Tea (seeped)
- 3 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Step 2: Combine!
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients except the tea & whisk together
- Cut charcoal capsules in half and dump charcoal powder into the bowl
- Slowly add cooled tea and whisk until you get a creamy texture
- Put mixture into a container & let it sit in fridge for an hour
Step 3: Use!
- Just apply the creamy mixture to your face and let it dry (should take about 20 minutes).
- Wash with warm water and wahlaa! Fresher feeling skin instantly.
- When done using, put mud mask in a reusable plastic or glass container and to store in a cool dark place to use for the future.