Introduction: Supersaddy's BBQ Super Summer Supper Deluxe!
This Instructable will show you how to cook up an awesome BBQ'd supper. Complete with appetizers, Entree's and dessert, this Instructable is sure to fill you up. I used to make this for my family last summer, and I thought it fit perfectly in this contest, because it is all BBQ oriented. Hope this supper gives you as much enjoyment as it has for me.
Step 1: Stuffed Mushrooms
The first appetizer will be stuffed mushrooms.
The BBQ can stay at around 400 degrees Farenheit over the entire cooking procedure of the entire meal.
1. Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems. Try to keep the caps intact, so they will hold the stuffing better.
2. Start to cook some chopped bacon strips (I used 6 strips for 12 mushrooms), in a pan on the stove.
3. While the bacon is cooking, cut up the stems to be used as part of the stuffing.
4. Once the bacon grease begins to cook, add in the stems.
5. Add in some breadcrumbs.
6. Add in some parsley. Fresh parsley from the garden is best, but flakes will work aswell.
7. Add in some salsa, and stir up the mixture.
8. While the stuffing is cooking, grease the mushroom caps with olive oil, and set on a pan that fits on the BBQ.
9. Once the stuffing is nicely cooked, fill the mushroom caps, and top with grated cheese if desired.
10. Place in the BBQ and let cook until caps turn a darker colour. They cook quite fast so you can serve this as a quick appetizer.
Step 2: Roasted Red Pepper Bruscetta
The 2nd appetizer will be bruscetta.
A French Baguette
Roasted Red Peppers
Cheese (any kind)
1. Slice bread into desired sized slices.(see below pic)
2. Add a roasted red pepper on each slice.
3. Top with cheese. I used cheddar because it was available. Mozzerella is recommended.
4. Place on aluminum foil on a baking sheet and place in BBQ.
Cook until the bread turns crusty and the cheese melts.
Step 3: Baked Potatos
These Baked Potatoes can stay on the BBQ a fairly long time, so take them off when you are serving the meal.
Potatoes (Baking potatoes are desirable but regular also work)
1. Wash the potatoes
2. Wrap in aluminum foil.
3. Place on upper rack of BBQ.
Keep these babies cooking until you are ready to eat.
Step 4: Cedar Plank Salmon
This is the main dish of the meal.
Salmon Fillets(amount depends on number of people)
Dill (fresh preferably but dried is also o.k.)
Salt and Peppa
1. Soak cedar plank(s) in a water filled sink, approximately an hour before eating, which helps them from becoming too dry and burning. They will float so it may be necessary to set something heavy on top, like a coffee pot to keep the plank(s) emerged.
2. Preparing Marinate:
Mix a couple spoons of olive oil (enough to cover the fillets) in a small bowl.
3. Rip off the leaves from a sprig of dill and add to the mixture.
4. Press in 2 cloves of garlic.
5. Squeeze in a half of a lemon. It helps to stick in a fork and twist, while you are squeezing. Take out the seeds.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Stir up mixture and cover the fillets (on the meat side). Try to get an even amount of each of the ingredients on each fillet.
8. Place the fillets on the cedar planks and set on the lower rack of the barby.
9. The fish takes approximately 25 minutes to cook, so time the rest of the meal accordingly.
10. The planks will smoke, so don't be alarmed.
I wish computers had smell technology so you could smell the amazingness of the burning cedar!
Step 5: Grilled Asparagus
The grilled asparagus compliments the Cedar Plank Salmon.
1. Wash the asparagus and cut off the bottoms of the stems.
2. Cut them into a couple pieces each.
3. Put them into a pan on the stove.
4. Mix in some olive oil and balsamic vinegar to cook it in.
5. After it is cooked, remove it from the stove and place it in a barbecue safe pan and put it on the BBQ (optional) I have a special thing that grills vegetables on the BBQ.
Since they are already cooked on the stove, all you need to do is keep them on the grill to improve flavour, but not for long.
Step 6: Grilled Peaches W/ Ice Cream
Grilled Peaches wrap up the meal as a delicious dessert.
Ice cream/ Frozen yogurt
1. Wash the peaches (nectarines are also good but peaches cook nicer because they tend to be juicier).
2. Cut the peaches in halves. It might be easier just to cut on both sides of the pit instead of around it, so you have a flat side to set on the grill.
3. Add some lemon juice and honey into a small dish.
4. Dip the flat faces of the peaches in the lemon/honey mixture. And Set aside.
5. Bring the peaches to the BBQ and set them flat face down on the grill. (you may need to clean the grill first if there is any salmon drippings).
6. Once the peaches have char-lines on them, then they are ready to flip over. You can check, and eventually take them off using a spatuala.
7. Once they are flipped, sprinkle some brown sugar on the flat sides that are now facing up. (At this time of year some times the peaches need a bit sweetening up).
8. Once the brown sugar has melted, you can now remove the peaches from the grill.
9. Place them in a bowl and serve with some vanilla ice cream, or frozen yogurt.
Step 7: Enjoy!
Your done! Now enjoy your Super Summer BBQ Supper!