Do you want to know how to make eggs that are delicious for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Then I have just the recipe you are looking for. Sometimes you just need a little spice in your life. For me this is the perfect way to start your day or end your day with a spicy kick. Keep reading to find out how easily you can turn your regular scrambled eggs into something spectacular!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Tools and Ingredients
- You can use as many eggs you would like. This recipe is based on 8 eggs. If you would like to use more or less eggs, just multiply/divide the ingredients accordingly.
1 Large Onions
1 Large Tomato
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin-coriander powder
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
½ a teaspoon of salt or to taste.
½ a teaspoon of pepper or to taste.
4 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 tablespoon butter
Cutting Board (Optional)
Tomato Ketchup (Optional)
Step 2: Prepare the Ingredients
Begin by ensuring your knife is not dull. Then move onto chopping the onions and tomatoes into small squares. Look at the picture above if you need a reference for the approximate size that your ingredients should be cut to.
Step 3: Prepare Eggs
Note: Get a big bowl if this your first time trying to whisk eggs.
Start with cracking the eggs in a bowl.
- Grab the egg from the tip and the bottom.
- Grab a knife and crack the egg slightly.
- Once you see a crack, grab the eggs by the crack and pry it open into the bowl.
- If you see any egg shells, use the fork to fish it out.
Whisk the eggs.
- Grab a fork and slightly poke the egg yolks.
- Stir slowly in a clockwise direction.
- This will cause the egg yolks to break and easily blend in with the egg white.
Step 4: Heat Frying Pan
- Place frying pan on the burner.
- Turn the burner on and set it to medium or at 6.
- Pour your 4 tablespoon of vegetable oil onto the pan.
- Move the frying pan around to spread the oil evenly to the pan.
- Wait until the pan is hot.
WARNING: Oil and pan will be very hot so be careful when handling the pan.
Step 5: Get Everything in the Pan
- Place the onions in the pan.
- Let them cook in the pan until they are translucent.
- Add tomatoes to the pan.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the masala mix we prepared earlier.
- Use spatula to combine and mix the ingredients together.
- Pour the eggs into the pan.
Note: Add more salt, pepper, or masala based on your taste.
Step 6: Stir!!!
Scramble the eggs in the pan using the spatula and try to remove any clumps from the masala. Keep stirring the eggs till you can see small chunks of eggs and all of the egg white is cooked. TURN OFF the stove and remove the pan from the hot burner when you are finished.
Note: This process might take approximately 4 - 6 mins, so be patient and keep stirring every few seconds.
Step 7: Taste
After you finish cooking your eggs, take a spoon and get a small amount of the eggs to taste. At this point you can add more salt and pepper to suit your taste.
Step 8: Serve and Enjoy
Place the eggs onto a clean plate. Can serve with bread and/or ketchup. Personally, I like to put ketchup on my eggs to add a deeper tomato flavor and cool off the eggs.