Introduction: Sweep Servo Motor With Arduino Nano
In this instructable, i have shown how to sweep a servo motor with Arduino Nano.
Generally servo motor is used where is low speed but with a high torque is needed. this work can be done by a geared motor too.
But servo motors are different from geared motors, servo motors can read it position & can rotate to given degrees.
Tools we will need.
- Arduino Nano
- A servo motor.
First of all attach servo motor to Nano like in the image above.
- The yellow wire is signal wire which will be attached to Nano's digital pin 9.
- The red wire is positive wire which will be attached to 5V.
- The black wire is negative wire & it will be connected to GND.
all the hardware work is done, now move to software part.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Uploading Code
Attach the USB cable to Nano And PC.
Open the Arduino IDE software.
Go to File > Examples > Servo > Sweep.
Upload it to Nano.
When uploading is done.
The servo motor will follow commands given by Nano.
- It will rotate to 0 degree at first.
- Then one by one degree it will rotate to 180.
- When it will reach to 180 degree.
- It will do same process reversely & process goes on until you remove the power or upload the new sketch.
If you have any question or suggestion, you can write me in the comment section below. ^_^