When i entered first to my new house there i got one new idea to made one paper art to hang in walls. We can made any quotes like welcome home, beware, and any lovable quotes and can Hang this wall art anywhere. I made many in my living rooms and outer. The decorations made by hanging this show our Rooms neat and beautiful. Here i show how to make wall hanging in entrance, You can make as your own wish.
For this we need only,
- Magazine / Newspaper
- Rod / Toothpick
- Acrylic paint
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Paper Rolls
- Cut magazine paper into two.
- Roll from the end using small rod or toothpick.
- Secure the end with glue Roll around 30 paper rolls.
- If you are using toothpick loosely coil the paper rod.
Step 2: Paper Mat
- Glue the paper rod with one another to form the square shape paper mat about 12 inch (30cm)
- Cut 12 inch thick paper strip or ribbon and paste it to the rolled paper mat, which is backside.
- While pasting the paper insert some thread under the paper strip, which will be used to hang the paper mat on wall.
- Let the glue dry.
- It will be flexible once dried Paint the front side white.
- 1 coating is enough which lightly shows the paper strip pattern.
- If you don't like it you can paint double coating.
Step 3: Make Flowers and Leaves
- Using the same magazine paper , draw circular and petal pattern as shown in picture.
- Cut the pattern.
- Start rolling from the outer tip and paste it to the base.
- Make different size and as much flowers you need.
- I made 15 flowers of different size
- Draw leaf pattern and cut it.
- Fold diagonally and vertically to give the leaf like effect.
- I made 8 leaves.
Step 4: Colour the Flowers and Leaves
- With acrylic paint colour the flowers and leaves.
- I used all the colours and let it dry.
- Paste some beads at the center of the flowers
Step 5: Assemble
- Paper mat, flowers and leaves are all painted and dried.
- Assemble the flowers and leaves on the paper mat.
- I pasted the flowers around the corner.
- Using black paint i wrote quotes at the center.
- Since i am making it to decor my home entrance i wrote "Home Sweet Home", You can write quotes of your choice.
Decor your home with recycled paper wall mat and hangings. Zero cost home decor is ready. Make different patterns with it.