Sweet potato salad/ chat is a simplest and healthiest of all chat recipes made of sweet potato or shakarkandi. This is the best alternative for regular and popular aloo chat recipes as it has no unhealthy ingredient. In India, sweet potato is highly consumed on fasting like Navratri. It tastes so yum that you can enjoy this chat at any time without waiting for fasting occasions.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 2 Sweet potatoes
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- ½ Tomato finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander leaves finely chopped
- ½ tsp Ginger grated
- ½ cup Roasted peanuts
- Salt per taste
- ½ tsp Roasted and ground flax seeds
- Fat pinch of Red chilli powder
- ½ tsp chat masala
- ½ tsp Oregano herb Optional
- Pinch of Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
Step 2: Step by Step Instructions for Making Sweet Potato Salad:
- Rinse the sweet potato pieces very well under running water. Then, cook the sweet potatoes in the pressure cooker for about 3 to 4 whistles.
- Turn off the flame and cool down the sweet potatoes. Once cooled, peel off the skin and chop them into cubes.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a kadhai or thick bottom wide pan, and shallow fry the chopped sweet potatoes on high flame for few minutes till it turns little brown and crisp. You can even dry roast them (without oil).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients for making the chat.
- Firstly, add the chopped onions.
- Then, add finely chopped coriander leaves followed by chopped tomatoes.
- Then add roasted and peeled peanuts.
- Add salt, ground flax seeds, red chilli powder, chat masala, oregano herbs, black pepper powder, and Lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients very well.
- Then, add roasted sweet potatoes into the mixing bowl and mix gently. Mix it slowly to avoid sweet potatoes from mashing.
- Sweet potato chat is ready to be served with the additional topping of chat masala, oregano and lemon juice.