When my mother was still doing catering, she made this cake often. I love this cake a lot hahah Mine isn't as good looking as my mother's tho, she had many kinds of molds, while for this one I only used a round baking pan :)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients and Method
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 ground cayenne (omit if you don't want it to be spicy. ground black pepper would be enough)
- Hungarian Vegeta seasoning or Royco beef flavor or beef bouillon powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp butter/margarine
- sweet soy sauce, I love Indonesian brand, ABC
- 150 grams flour
- 2-3 tbsp butter/margarine, melted
- 100 grams sugar
- 100 cc milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup ground beef
- wax paper
- Heat the pan, saute onion in margarine, add seasoning, pepper, 1 tsp of sugar, and sweet soy sauce. Cook well, set aside.
- Place a steamer over boiling water and let simmer
- Using mixer, beat eggs and sugar until foamy on medium speed. Pour in flour, mix well, on low speed. Add in melted margarine, mix well, add in milk, mix well.
- Line wax paper on the pan, pour half of the batter, steam for 7-10 minutes
- Color the remaining half batter, green or any other color you prefer.
- Spread the cooked beef on top of the steamed cake, then top with the remaining batter, steam for another half hour.
- Enjoy :)
Participated in the
Slow Food Contest