Introduction: Sweet Potato Banana Smoothie (High Potassium!)
I need to sneak more potassium into my diet , bananas are number one and sweet potatoes also have potassium . Smoothies are a different way to have potatoes=)
- Sweet potato
- Milk/Soy milk/Almond Milk
- Brown Sugar
- Peel your potato and cut it into thin pieces so it will cook faster, you want it to get very soft after its cooked.
- Boil potato in water about 15 minutes, test with a fork, if fork goes right through then the potato pieces are ready.
- Cut up your banana, drain the potatoes from the boiling water.
- Add everything to the blender, I added 3 tbl. brown sugar for taste but to keep it healthy omit the sugar. Add one cup of milk, I used almond milk. Put in 10 ice cubes about, ecspecially if the potatoes are still warm and you want a cold smoothie! Add as much of the spices as you want. Blend until you dont hear the ice noise anymore lol.
- Serve right away or refrigerate. Enjoy.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.