Introduction: TALBEENAH (Barely Porridge)
Talbeenah is a soothing broth made from ground barley that has many healing properties.
The Merits of barley
Barley is a good source of insoluble and soluble fiber. The soluble fiber portion contains the richest source of beta-glucans compared to any other grain; these can aid immune function. Barley also contains B vitamins, iron, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, copper, and is one of the richest sources of chromium, which is important in maintaining blood glucose levels. Barley is also rich in antioxidants and contains a high concentration of tocols and tocotrienols, oils that help reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease.
Numerous studies have been conducted in modern research that demonstrates the effectiveness of barley in treating health problems like heart disease, diabetes, colon cancer and constipation. These studies are referenced below.
There is no doubt that barley has many benefits, some of which have been discovered in modern studies, such as: lowering cholesterol, treating the heart, treating depression, treating high blood sugar and high blood pressure, softening the stools and soothing the colon. Studies have also demonstrated the importance of barley in reducing the incidence of colon cancer.
In this sense, talbeenah is a protection against diseases of the heart and circulatory system, as it protects the arteries from arteriosclerosis – especially the major arteries of the heart. It also protects against angina, reduction of blood supply and cardiac infarction.
As for those who have actually been affected by these vascular and cardiac problems.
Talbeenah, with its health benefits can play an important role in preventing their symptoms from getting worse.
Step 1: Prepare the Ingredients
- 3 full fill table spoon of unsifted barely flour, you may use it sifted but the unsifted is better cause the crusts contains vitamins, minerals and fibers, just remove the thorns.
- 3 cups 200ml of milk.
- 3 table spoon of honey.
- A pinch of vanilla or Cinnamon or both as desired, you may use Cardamom and rose water.
- Some nuts for decoration.
note: If you use a milk powder dissolve it with cold water.
Step 2: Mixing
- Put the barely flour in a saucepan
- Add the cold milk and stir.
Step 3: Coocking
- Cook the blend on low heat and don’t stop stirring.
- After boiling add vanilla & Cinnamon
- Continue cooking for 10 to 15 minute.
- Before Maturation add honey continue stirring, let it to get tow boils.
Step 4: Serving
- Pour the porridge in serving dish
- Decorate with nuts and honey on face then refrigerate.
Enjoy with this SUPER FOOD.
Participated in the