The image above should be the final product after you follow the instructions. Please refer to the video in each step.
You will need:
- Hubba Bubba Gum tape
- Sand Paper
- Party Peanuts
- Gouache Paint (only primary colors needed)
- Matte Medium
- Two hard pieces of plastic (like tupperware,plexiglass, whatever you have as long as it's not heavy.)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Chew a Lot of Gum
- Chew as much gum as you think you'll need for the size of mouth that you're making.
- Mold the gum into the shape of gums.
- Put the sculpted gum on the Plexi/Tupperware.
Step 2: Making Teeth and Putting Them in Place
- Take some sand paper and sand the peanuts into the desired shape. Use a mirror to look at your own choppers to see what the best size and shape is.
- Place the teeth into the gums taking time to make them as crooked as you like.
- Push little bits of gum around the teeth creating divots giving a realistic effect.
Step 3: Painting
- Get your gouache out and a surface to use as a pallet along with your matte medium.
- Find an image on the internet of some tabasco stained teeth to use for reference.
- Mix some brown and gray and red and dilute the colors as necessary with matte medium.
- You'll want to get the most condensed amount of color near the gums and other crevices between the teeth to achieve a 3 dimensional effect. Making sure to use subtle amounts.
- Paint a light coat of red watered down with matte medium on the gums giving a vain like appearance.
- Once you're done painting let it dry overnight!