This compact tabletop hydroponics planter is quick and easy to make. It's perfect for a small to medium plant in 5" grow basket, 4" rockwool block. It uses the tried and true ebb and flow method.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Material and Tools
- Two Ikea TILLSLUTA containers, top: 402.574.99, bottom: 802.574.97
- Submersible pump, 12V DC, with its power supply
- Hose: 5/16" inner diameter, 7/16" outter diameter. it should fit the output of the pump.
- Strong waterproof glue
- Tools: drills to make 1/2" holes.
- 3D printed fittings, you can download the model here
Step 2: Instruction Video
Step 3: Setup and Enjoy
Here's updated picture of this same plant under grow light in the winter after one month. I set up timer to flood nutrients four times a day (only during day light)
Participated in the
Green Electronics Contest 2016