These delicious tandoori spiced chicken legs are made from 100% fresh spices with zero food coloring. This oven baked dish is a healthy, low calorie, and tasty way to enjoy indian cuisine. You can add in some red food coloring to get that nice red color that you always get from Indian restaurants whenever you order tandoori meat.
You can also find bonus recipes for tandoori vegetables and mint yogurt sauce at the end of the recipe description.
Calorie and macro information:
For 2 chicken legs (portion size for male) 439 calories, 18F, 32 C, 6 fiber, 38 P
For 1 chicken leg (portion size for female) 219 calories, 9F, 16C, 3 fiber, 19P
Time stamp for the start of the recipe: 0:36
Ingredients: 6 to 8 chicken legs skin on (you can also use chicken breast to save calories) Marinade: 500 g plain reglar yogurt juice from 1 lemon 1 inch chopped ginger root 1 medium onion chopped 2 cloves of garlic sliced 2 tsp garam masala 2 tsp chili powder 1 tsp turmeric powder 1 tsp paprika 1 tsp cumin seed 1 tsp coriander seed 1 tbsp vegetable oil Red food coloring (Optional)
1. Pour the marinade ingredients into a blender then mix very well.
2. Mix 2/3 of the marinade (remaining for the veggies) with the chicken legs in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
3. After at least 2 hours, preheat the oven to 375˚F and bake for 30 min. Save the marinade from the bowl.
4. After 30 min, turn the chicken legs over and put remaining marinade from the bowl to the other side of the chicken legs. Bake for another 15 min.
5. Rest for 10 to 15 min then serve fresh with some veggies and yogurt mint sauce or store in 4 containers for meal prep.
Bonus recipe for yogurt min sauce and veggies:
1/3 marinade from tandoori chicken recipe Sliced zucchini, bell pepper, onion, and other veggies of your choice 150 g plain yogurt 2 tsp fresh mint chopped 1/2 lemon juice Salt and pepper
1. Mix the marinade with the sliced veggies and bake for 15 to 20 min at 375˚F.
2. Blend the yogurt with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and mint leaves.
Serve the tandoori chicken with veggies and yogurt sauce.
Hopefully you find this helpful and for more healthy and tasty lunch and dinner recipes below: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5eJCT09znHyIGeN6mTiKLHxe2lEFnqJt
Check out my other health/fitness/recipe videos here: https://www.youtube.com/c/getfitwithmindynow
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.