Salted and Dried fish.
A common snack in Ukrainian and Russian cultures, goes great with beer.
Bob: Do you like taranka?
Jim: What is that?
Bob: Its dried salted fish.
Jim: Is it any good?
Bob: It's like potato chips.
For this project I used:
- Mesh Metal Wastebasket from BedBath&Beyond
- Lid for 5-Gal. Pail from HomeDepot
- 200mm Computer Fan from Microcenter
- Power supply 12v 0.5A from somewhere
- 1lb smelt wild caught
Step 1: Prepare a Lid
Take a lid and put on it fan which you have it can be 80mm,120mm, 140mm or 200mm like I have from your old computer.
mark the hole same diameter as your fan has.
cut the hole by Hobby Knife or regular knife.
I glue the piece of window screen mesh to avoid fly and insect got inside.
I screwed fan to lid
Step 2: Prepare Power Supply and Other Inner Staff
Found the power supply AC/DC for 12v 0.5A somewhere in my garage.
- Soldered the connector and insulated.
- made three sticks from wire the 1 feet long each.
- prepared 4-5" bamboo sticks from 99c store
Step 3: Сhef Work
Bought in local store fish, in my case I used smelt
wash it, then put in any pan sprinkled with salt and put pan to refrigerator for 12-18 hours.
Next day took the fish , sticks and then I make all salted fish strung on sticks.
To hang out the window for one day.
It is delicious, and because of blue lights on fan in night time it looks like small UFO come to visit you.)))