Introduction: Tart Cherry Protein Gummies
I love gummies !!! They are probably one of my favorite treats, but when it comes to snacks, they're likely not the best choice; too much refined sugar. To help me stay on a healthier path and still have my gummies, I make own. These gummies are made with 100% cherry juice, Vital Proteins Grass Fed Beef Gelatin and all natural sweetener (honey)
Benefits of homemade Tart Cherry Protein gummies:
Cherries contain powerful antioxidants, they reduce Inflammation and your risk of gout, they support healthy sleep and are a good pain reliever
Vital Proteins Grass Fed Beef Gelatin has 9 grams of protein per tablespoon
To get the full benefit from cherries and protein you need to eat a whole lot of these gummie treats, but I figure these are far healthier than the full sugar gummies you get at the store
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 3 tbsp Vital Proteins Grass Fed Gelatin
- 3/4 cup 100% organic tart cherry, organic tart juice
- 2 tbsp Honey, raw
- 1/4 cup Lime juice, fresh squeezed
- Silicone Candy Mold
Step 2: Instructions
In a saucepan, heat the juices over medium heat until hot but not boiling
Lower the heat to the lowest setting and whisk in the honey until fully dissolved
Whisk in 1 tbsp of the gelatin at a time, adding another only after the others have dissolved
Continue to stir until the gelatin is fully dissolved (this step takes a while, 15 minutes or so)
Step 3: Instructions Continued
- Once mixture is clear and free of lumps, remove from heat and carefully transfer into silicone molds (I like using an eye dropper, but you can use a squeeze bottle too)
- Refrigerate until firm (1-2 hours depending on the size of your molds)
- These gummies do not have any preservatives so they must be kept in the refrigerator
Step 4: Pop Out and Enjoy
This cherry-lime recipe is a bit tart, so if you don't like the tartness, just leave out the lime or try other juices.
1 Person Made This Project!
- Anna-Grace made it!