This high protein veggie packed tofu soup takes less than 30 min to make and rather easy to prepare & make. It is packed with fiber, protein, micro nutrients, and meal prep friendly. This recipe makes 4 servings but you can increase the amount to make 6 to 8 servings if you would like. The flavor only gets better after you let the soup sit in the fridge for a few days and simply reheat in the microwave for 2 min on high or 10 min on the stove.
Calorie and macro information per serving (4 servings total): 285 calories, 11.7 F, 28C, 11 fiber, 9.2 sugars, 22 P
Ingredients: 1 pack soft to firm tofu cubed (18 oz) 1 tsp sesame oil 64 g raw white onion sliced 4 g garlic minced 4 g fresh chopped red chili pepper chopped 256 g raw king oyster mushroom sliced 89 g raw carrot cubed 135 g raw tomatillos cubed 56 g raw sliced green onions 2 brown eggs beaten 198 g frozen chopped spinach 170 g frozen green peas 175 g raw red radish sliced 1/4 cup shao xing chinese cooking wine 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce 1 tsp psyllium husk 1 tsp ground ginger 1 tbsp chili powder 1 tbsp garlic powder 2 tsp fresh grind black pepper 1 tsp fresh grind sea salt
1. Pour onions, garlic, red chili peppers, carrots, and tomatillos in a big saucepan along with cooking wine and soy sauce at medium high heat. Stir for 2 min.
2. Add ground ginger, garlic powder, chili powder, black pepper, and psyllium husk. Stir constantly for 1 to 2 min or until the liquid is boiled off.
3. Add tofu, season with black pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, and stir for 1 min.
4. Stir in the mushroom and add boiling water to the saucepan to barely cover the ingredients. Mix evenly and bring to a simmer.
5. Add in frozen spinach, green peas, red radish, and 2 brown eggs. Season with sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Stir constantly to mix well then let it simmer for 5 min.
6. Turn off the stove and stir in the green onions and add in 1 tsp sesame oil. Mix evenly and let it sit for 10 min then serve fresh or store in containers.
For us it makes 2 fresh dinner meals and 2 left over meals.
Hopefully you find this recipe helpful and you can always use any mushrooms or vegetables of your choice. You can also add rice noodles for extra carbs and/or extra sesame oil for extra fat. You can leave out the eggs if you choose to go with vegan.
For more healthy mealprep friendly lunch or dinner recipes below: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5eJCT09znHyIGeN6mTiKLHxe2lEFnqJt
Check out my other health/fitness/recipe videos here: https://www.youtube.com/c/getfitwithmindynow