Intro: Tasty & Quick Tilapia Stir Fry - Meal Prep Friendly
This quick, cheap, and delicious tilapia stir fry recipe is made mostly using frozen ingredients and is quite meal prep friendly. You can also replace the freshly minced garlic and sliced red chili pepper with garlic powder and red pepper flakes for a quicker prep time. You can diversify the recipe by using various choices of frozen veggies. This really is one of the tastiest recipes I have made for tilapia. This whole recipe gives me 4 portions, but you can reduce to 3 or 2 portions based upon your calorie and macro needs.
If you are concerned about the amount of butter I used in this recipe, you can use vegetable oil, coconut oil, or any other healthy cooking oil of your choice. Tilapia is a very lean fish and even with a 1.5 tbsp unsalted butter, you are still getting only around 6 g of fat per serving with this recipe.
Calorie and macro information: 246 calories, 6.1 F, 22.3 C, 5.9 fiber, 7.9 sugars, 24 P
Ingredients: 16 oz frozen tilapia fillet boneless skinless thawed 2 red chili pepper diced (~ 4 g) 2 minced garlic (~ 7 g) 1.5 tbsp organic grass fed unsalted butter 85 g Trader Joes frozen pearl onions 85 g Trader Joes frozen sliced leeks 8 servings (85 g per serving) Wegman's frozen Far East stir fry vegetables Black pepper Sea salt ¾ tsp ground ginger 1.5 tsp garlic powder 1.5 tsp onion powder 1 tsp chili powder ¾ tsp smoked paprika powder ½ tsp ground cumin powder
Instructions: 1. Heat 1.5 tsp butter in a frying pan and lay tilapia in one single layer if possible.
2. Season with freshly ground sea salt and black pepper. Add in half of minced garlic and red chili pepper onto the fish. Cook for 2 to 3 min then flip the fish over.
3. Season the fish again with sea salt and black pepper. Add remaining minced garlic, red chili pepper, and 1 tsp butter. Let the fish cook for another 2 min then flip the fish over again.
4. Season with 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp smoked paprika powder, and 1/4 tsp ground cumin powder. Flip the fish over after done seasoning.
5. Add another tsp butter, season again with sea salt, black pepper, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp smoked paprika. Use a spatula to mix the seasoning in and cook thoroughly (~ 5 min). Transfer to a plate.
6. In the same frying pan add in the remaining tsp of butter and let it melt. Pour in all of the frozen vegetables and let it cook at medium high heat for 5 min or until vegetables are warm.
7. Season the vegetable mix with sea salt, black pepper, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp smoked paprika, and mix very well.
8. Add the tilapia back into the frying pan and mix very well with the vegetables. Let it sit for 5 to 10 min. Divide into 4 portions for meal prep or serve right away!
Hopefully you enjoy this cheap & easy bachelor/bachelorette friendly healthy recipe and for more tasty quick meal or snack recipes below:
Check out my other health/fitness/recipe videos here: https://www.youtube.com/c/getfitwithmindynow