Tawa Pulao is a famous Mumbai street food. The street side vendors keep the tawa masala ready in a large tawa(skillet) and the tawa pulao is made at the side of the same tawa by mixing cooked rice and the masala. It is then garnished with raw onion, coriander leaves, lemon juice and served hot. Follow the steps to make this yummy Indian street food :D
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Basmati rice - 1 cup
- Carrot- 1
- Green Peas- 1/2 cup
- Onion- 2
- Tomato- 2
- Capsicum- 1
- Green chilly
- Lemon- 1
- Coriander leaves- 1/2 cup
Step 2: Cook the Rice and Keep It Aside
- Soak the basmati rice for 20-30 mins.
- Pour 3 cups of water into a vessel. Add salt and boil the water.
- Add the soaked rice into the boiling water and cook until done.
- Drain the remaining water, cover the rice and keep it aside.
Step 3: For the Tawa Masala
- In medium flame, heat a pan with oil and temper it with mustard seeds. Add Ginger garlic paste and thinly sliced onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and green chilly and fry for 2 mins. Add the chopped capsicum, carrot and green peas.Add 1/2 cup of water and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Now add salt, chilly powder, pav bhaji masala and coriander leaves.
- Cook until the oil separates, add the lemon juice and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Tawa masala is ready.
Step 4: Tawa Pulao Is Ready!
- Add the tawa masala to the cooked rice and mix well.
- Serve hot with raw onion and a piece of lemon. :)