Make your own teriyaki sauce for a quick and easy chicken and vegetables pan fry!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Chicken breast
- Bell peppers
For the sauce:
Step 2: Cutting
- Separate chicken breast from fillet;
- cut chicken into stripes;
- cut bell pepper into stripes;
- cut onion into medium chunks;
- finely dice scallion.
Step 3: Mixing the Sauce
- Mix 3 tbsp soysauce, 2 tbsp mirin, 2 tbsp sake, 1 tbsp honey, and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl; stir well.
Step 4: Cooking the Chicken
- Pour 2 tbsp oil in hot pan, high heat
- toss in chicken after oil is heated up,
- mix and cook until chicken is done
Step 5: Saute Vegetables
- In another hot pan, pour in 2 tbsp oil;
- after oil is hot, throw in onion, scallion and garlic, brown lightly at medium heat
- add in bell peppers and mix well.
Step 6: Finishing Up
- Put chicken into vegetable pan, change to high heat
- pour in the teriyaki sauce, mix well.
- (optional) in a bowl, mix 1/2 cup water with 1 tbsp starch. pour mixture into pan, reduce at low heat for 2 minutes.
- Season with additional salt if needed.
- Transfer content to warm plate, serve and enjoy!
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017