This is a my variation of a Southern favorite. Yes it probably has a bazillion calories but it taste wonderful. Total time to cook is only about 30 minutes if you time it correctly by cooking the sausage etc. while baking the biscuits.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Get Your Ingredients
- 4 - Large eggs
- 1 - Jimmy Deans Maple Sausage - Use half a package
- 4 - Biscuits
- 1 - Can of sausage gravy
- 3/4 Cup of Mexican Blend Cheese Mix
- Salt and Pepper
Step 2: Start Baking Your Biscuits
While they are baking continue to next step.
Step 3: Brown the Sausage
**It is extremely important to completely cook pork products** Cook until very brown
Step 4: Pat the Excess Grease Off the Sausage
- Pat the excess grease off the sausage with clean paper towels. I always open a new roll to make sure they are sterile. A little bit of grease adds flavor.
- The second photo shows the "dry" sausage.
Step 5: Stir the Eggs
In a mixing bowl use a fork to mix the eggs for scrambling. I add about a 1/4 of cup the mix to make the scrambled eggs fluffy.
Step 6: Cut Up the Biscuits
About now the biscuits should be cooked so take them out of the oven. Cut four of them up into spoon size bites.
Step 7: Scramble the Eggs.
Step 8: Mix It All Up. Make a Mess.
- The eggs should still be in the pan.
- Mix in the can of sausage gravy.
- Mix in the cooked sausage.
- Mix in the cut up biscuits.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese over the mixture.
- Cover and cook on low until the cheese melts.
Step 9: Eat It Up
This is what it looks like.
Participated in the
Breakfast Challenge 2017