Intro: Texas Scramble Breakfast
This is a my variation of a Southern favorite. Yes it probably has a bazillion calories but it taste wonderful. Total time to cook is only about 30 minutes if you time it correctly by cooking the sausage etc. while baking the biscuits.
Step 1: Get Your Ingredients
- 4 - Large eggs
- 1 - Jimmy Deans Maple Sausage - Use half a package
- 4 - Biscuits
- 1 - Can of sausage gravy
- 3/4 Cup of Mexican Blend Cheese Mix
- Salt and Pepper
Step 2: Start Baking Your Biscuits
While they are baking continue to next step.
Step 3: Brown the Sausage
**It is extremely important to completely cook pork products** Cook until very brown
Step 4: Pat the Excess Grease Off the Sausage
- Pat the excess grease off the sausage with clean paper towels. I always open a new roll to make sure they are sterile. A little bit of grease adds flavor.
- The second photo shows the "dry" sausage.
Step 5: Stir the Eggs
In a mixing bowl use a fork to mix the eggs for scrambling. I add about a 1/4 of cup the mix to make the scrambled eggs fluffy.
Step 6: Cut Up the Biscuits
About now the biscuits should be cooked so take them out of the oven. Cut four of them up into spoon size bites.
Step 7: Scramble the Eggs.
Step 8: Mix It All Up. Make a Mess.
- The eggs should still be in the pan.
- Mix in the can of sausage gravy.
- Mix in the cooked sausage.
- Mix in the cut up biscuits.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese over the mixture.
- Cover and cook on low until the cheese melts.
Step 9: Eat It Up
This is what it looks like.