Introduction: Vegan Tex-ican Pesto
This Spring cilantro was rampant in the garden. Guerilla style. I could only do one thing to remedy the situation...make something!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
1 Large handful of fresh cilantro
1/2 C Pecans
1/2 Large Jalapeno
2-3 TB Expeller Pressed or Cold Pressed Oil
1 pinch of salt
Step 2: Roast and Toast
1. Preheat oven to 300F.
2. Place shelled pecans in single layer on cookie sheet.
3. Using middle rack, place sheet in oven.
4. Toast 5 mins. Stir, shake or rotate the pan.
5. Toast an additional 5 mins until fragrant.
6. Remove from oven and cookie sheet.
7. Cool on cutting board, plate or towel on cooling rack.
Step 3: Chop, Slice or Dice
1. Remove 1 inch from bottom of cilantro stem.
2. Rough chop or tear cilantro.
3. Slice jalapeno.
4. Cut lime in half.
1. Place all ingredients and salt into food processor bowl.
2. Add 1 TB oil and squeeze juice of 1/2 lime into bowl.
Step 4: Feel the Pulse
1. Pulse three times. Scrape bowl.
2. Pulse again. Add 1 TB of oil until desired consistency.
Serve as dip for chips and quesadillas, use on pizza or pasta.
Will store in refrigerator for up to one week for optimal freshness.