Introduction: TfCD E-textile Thermoresponsive Cup Holder
With the use of e-textile this cup holder lets you know when your tea is the perfect drinking temperature. It consists out of a cotton sleeve with an electric circuit which contains multiple LEDs and a temperature sensor.
Step 1: What Do You Need
- Arduino board
- 9 Jumper wires
- 3 220Ω resistors
- 3 LEDs
- Temperature sensor
- Cotton textile
- Soldering iron
- Sewing machine
Step 2: Where to Put Them?
- Red LED goes to digital pin 4 through one of the resistors, and ground
- Green LED goes to digital pin 3 though a resistor, and ground
- Blue LED goes to digital pin 2 through a resistor, and ground
To place the LED's on the cup solder wire's to each of the legs of the three LED's.
- Left pin goes to 5v
- Middle pin goes to analog pin A2
- Right pin goes to ground
To place the temperature sensor on the cup solder wire's to each of the legs of the temperature sensor.
Step 3: Arduino Code
Download the code to make your circuit work!
Step 4: Cotton Sleeve
- Fold over the edges twice (black lines) and sew them closed.
- Place the good sides of both of the fabrics on top of each other. Then sew closed on the grey and white lines.
- Turn inside out and your basic sleeve is complete.
Step 5: Put Everything Together
- Make holes for the LED's to come out of the sleeve.
- Put the temperature sensor between the sleeve and the cup.