Introduction: Thanksgiving Rice Krispies Treats�
Get your kids in the kitchen this Thanksgiving with these cute Thanksgiving treats, guaranteed to have your kids asking for more!
Here’s what you’ll need for this Thanksgiving recipe:
• Rice Krispies®
• Root Beer Dum Dums and Butterscotch Dum Dums
• Candy Corn
• Marshmallow Crème (or other icing product)
• Black writing icing
• Thin licorice
• Cashews or peanuts
Here’s how you make them:
1) Prepare Rice Krispies Treats as directed on the box.
2) Instead of putting into a pan, allow to cool a few minutes, and then using your hands, roll into 2-3” balls. You may need to work the ball for a bit to make the marshmallow less sticky.
3) Unwrap Dum Dums and poke one through the rolled ball. It’s OK if your Dum Dum stick pokes out the back.
4) Using marshmallow crème or other icing products, attach the candy corn to the back-side of the ball in a fan shape. It should look like turkey feathers.
5) Draw eyes onto the Dum Dum with the black icing.
6) Break a peanut or cashew in half, and cut a thin piece of licorice to create the “gobbler”.
7) Using marshmallow crème, attach cashew/peanut just under the eyes and attach the “gobbler” just beside the cashew.
8) Let set… or gobble up! It’s up to you!
We recommend storing these in an air-tight container in the fridge if you will not be consuming them right away.
Rice Krispies Treats® is a registered trademark of Kellogg NA Co.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.