Introduction: The 5 Easy Steps to Start 3D Printing :)
Warning: you are going to be addicted soon!
(by dagoma 3D.com)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: STEP 1: Un-pack Your Amazing NEVA, and Be Ready
To do so, you need to:
- Open the cardboards (yes, we are working on that, right now it's basic cardboards - your NEVA has been packed with love in Santa Barbara)
- Remove the 3 plastics part (no worries if they are broken - it's on purpose)
- Remove the ''REMOVE ME'' locker as well
- Place the NEVA on a table, make sure that nothing is touching it (besides the table of course...)
- Place the 6 arms carefully as seen below
Your NEVA (& you) are ready to 3D print! Let's go further!
Step 2: STEP 2: Download Your 1st File, and Prepare a Print
Step 3: STEP 3: Let's Use CURA by DAGOMA and Hone Our Skills
First you want to download ''Cura by DAGOMA''
You can un-zip it, install -> next > next > next > ready to go!
Now, you just need to drag & drop you STL file one the platforme of the NEVA.
When the file is orange, it means that CURA by DAGOMA can print it. If it's grey you need to adjust some settings (we will learn that later).
There are 2 steps to prepare your print: Put the SD card into your computerClick''Prepare the Print'' on the right side of the CURA screen All right, everything looks perfect, let's 3D print! If you want to discover more about Cura by Dagoma, click Here.
Step 4: STEP 4: Launch Your First Print, and Be Ready to Be Amazed
Here is the most important part. Please stay focused ;-)
- Make sure the NEVA is plugged in
- Put the SD card into your NEVA
- Click on the button
Step 5: STEP 5: What's Next? Your Life in 3D!
You can find tons of free designs on 3D design online.
Most of them are free. Here are our favorites websites:
BTW if you want to follow us on thingiverse, we are here.
French website, beautiful designs
With ROAD, we made 3D printed easy by testing all the 3D files to ensure they work great with your NEVA!
PS: don't forget to visit us : dagoma3D.com