Introduction: The Blood-Sucker Sundae
Since Halloween is so close, I thought I should say hello to all my blood-sucking buddies. To celebrate the return of the spookiest night of the year, I decided to make a delicious dessert in honor of my ghouls. “The Blood-Sucker Sundae“ is the way I will be welcoming all my witches to my place. This delicious strawberry and raspberry sundae is sure to leave your party guests happy and refreshed.
Step 1: Tool
- Electric mixer (optional)
- Small mixing bowls
- Freezer-safe container
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Serving cup
You might not need everything if you decide to use store bought products.
Step 2: Ice-Cream
You can use a store bought brand, if so I recommend , but if not here is a recipe from http://lovegrowswild.com/2014/08/churn-vanilla-ice-cream/
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Mix vanilla extract and condensed milk in a small bowl until fully incorporated.
- Add heavy cream and beat until firm peaks form. Slowly add vanilla mixture to heavy cream. Once combined, pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze overnight.
Step 3: Strawberry Syrup
You can, once again, use a store bought brand of strawberry syrup, but if not I have a recipe from http://www.browneyedbaker.com/homemade-strawberry-ice-cream-topping/
- 2 cups strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and coarsely cored
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Set aside ⅓ of the strawberries
- Combine the remaining strawberries and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring mixture to a boil and stir occasionally while cooking for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and mix into remaining strawberries and vanilla extract.
- Cool sauce to room temperature before use. Store in airtight bag or jar for later.
Step 4: Decorate
- Take out the cup you plan to serve with and wipe with clean rag
- Take a soup spoon, as in spoon you eat soup with, and drizzle strawberry syrup onto sides of cup
- Place fresh strawberries and raspberries into the serving cup with more syrup
- Put 2 scoops of ice cream into serving cup and drizzle more syrup onto the top
- Have FUN!!! Add more toppings if you want and enjoy your delicious sundae
Step 5: !YAY!
YOU DID IT!!! :)
Enjoy the magic strawberry, blood-soaked goodness of your new sundae!! ;) ;P
Remember to tell me anything I can improve on and show me how your sundae went. This is one of my first instructables, so I'm really excited to know how it went.
Participated in the
Halloween Food Contest 2016