Since Halloween is so close, I thought I should say hello to all my blood-sucking buddies. To celebrate the return of the spookiest night of the year, I decided to make a delicious dessert in honor of my ghouls. “The Blood-Sucker Sundae“ is the way I will be welcoming all my witches to my place. This delicious strawberry and raspberry sundae is sure to leave your party guests happy and refreshed.
Step 1: Tool
- Electric mixer (optional)
- Small mixing bowls
- Freezer-safe container
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Serving cup
You might not need everything if you decide to use store bought products.
Step 2: Ice-Cream
You can use a store bought brand, if so I recommend , but if not here is a recipe from http://lovegrowswild.com/2014/08/churn-vanilla-ice-cream/
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Mix vanilla extract and condensed milk in a small bowl until fully incorporated.
- Add heavy cream and beat until firm peaks form. Slowly add vanilla mixture to heavy cream. Once combined, pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze overnight.
Step 3: Strawberry Syrup
You can, once again, use a store bought brand of strawberry syrup, but if not I have a recipe from http://www.browneyedbaker.com/homemade-strawberry-ice-cream-topping/
- 2 cups strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and coarsely cored
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Set aside ⅓ of the strawberries
- Combine the remaining strawberries and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring mixture to a boil and stir occasionally while cooking for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and mix into remaining strawberries and vanilla extract.
- Cool sauce to room temperature before use. Store in airtight bag or jar for later.
Step 4: Decorate
- Take out the cup you plan to serve with and wipe with clean rag
- Take a soup spoon, as in spoon you eat soup with, and drizzle strawberry syrup onto sides of cup
- Place fresh strawberries and raspberries into the serving cup with more syrup
- Put 2 scoops of ice cream into serving cup and drizzle more syrup onto the top
- Have FUN!!! Add more toppings if you want and enjoy your delicious sundae
Step 5: !YAY!
YOU DID IT!!! :)
Enjoy the magic strawberry, blood-soaked goodness of your new sundae!! ;) ;P
Remember to tell me anything I can improve on and show me how your sundae went. This is one of my first instructables, so I'm really excited to know how it went.