Even if you are a veggie and you are looking for a great, refreshing, and tasty dish for your summer try my Caprese Salad!
This dish can be served as a starter or a main course. In this Instructable I will give you the quantities for a starter, if you want them for a main course, just double them.
For a perfect Caprese Salad you will need:
- 1 Fresh organic big tomato (Heirloom tomatoes are the best)
- 1/2 of a Mozzarella de Bufflonne bowl
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Few grains of "Fleur de sel"
How to prepare it?
1. Remove the stem from the center of the tomato
2. Slice tomatoes
3. Using a moistened knife with a thin, very sharp blade, slice mozzarella
4. Cut some basil leafs
5. Arrange tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil on a platter as sown in the main picture
6. Cover generously with olive oil tomatoes, mozzarella and basil
7. Add a pinch of Fleur de Sel and Pepper
And it's ready! Enjoy your meal!
Thanks to Rainer Zens, ChefGaynol.com, CoupnClippingCook.com, Christian Mertes and Jon Sullivan for the pictures.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.