Intro: The Easiest Capris/Shorts You'll Ever Make!
The following Instructable features the easiest way I know to make capris or shorts out of an old T-shirt...just in time for summer!
The whole process takes less then 10 minutes, and is made without a pattern or having another pair of capris or shorts on hand.
Let's get started :)
Step 1: What You'll Need...
1. An old T-shirt (for my daughter, I used one of my shirts: a women's size medium t-shirt)
3. Sewing machine with matching thread
Step 2: Cut Off the Sleeves
Cut off the sleeves at the seams.
Step 3: Cut the Shoulder Seams
Next, cut the shoulder seams.
Step 4: Cut the Side Seams
Now, cut the seams down each side of the t-shirt.
Step 5: Sew New Seams
1. Face the right sides of the t-shirt together.
2. Sew new seams around the arm holes (DO NOT sew the shoulders or sides of the shirt).
3. You'll end up with the last picture.
Step 6: Open & Sew
1. Open the shirt so the two seams you just sewed are together.
2. Sew from one end of the bottom curve to the other, to get the second picture.
Step 7: Finishing Up
Hem the top (or add elastic, a drawstring, or belt loops) and you're DONE!
Easy peasy, right!?
NOTE: To make shorts instead, simply cut the legs shorter and hem the bottoms. To make capris or shorts for adults, just use a larger t-shirt.
Thanks for visiting :)