Hello everyone, In this Instructable, I will show you the few easiest ways to print text messages from your iPhone.
So many of the important messages that we receive in our lives now are not coming by letter, or even by email, but instead through text messages. You may not think that you will ever need to print your iPhone text messages and iMessages, but you would be surprised how often it is required. Sometimes people want to use them in court to prove their innocence. Sometimes a text conversation is so much important that you want to print it on a paper and preserve it for a long time. Whatever your reason, follow these easy instructions to print your iphone text conversations.
Step 1: Take a Printout of Your Text Conversation
This is probably the easiest method to print your iPhone text. Here's what you need to do:
- First you need to open up your text messages app, and open the message that you want to be able to print.
- When you have the message that you want to print visible on your screen, press, hold down, and then release the ‘Home’ button and the ‘Wake’ button at the same time exactly. This will create a picture of your screen. If it works properly, you should see a white flash go across the screen, and perhaps hear a click if you have the volume.
- If you now go to your camera roll, you will be able to see a photo of what your screen was looking like when you pressed both of the buttons down at the same time. This is called a screen shot.
You can now take this photo and email it to yourself and then print it out on your computer.
Step 2: Print Your IPhone Text Messages With the Help of a Third-Party App
I recently found this app called 'iOS Messages Transfer' and it can print both iPhone text messages and iMessages conversations. If you have lots of text conversations and you can't take multiple screenshots then you can try this app. I'm including this app in the Instructable just because this app prints iPhone text messages with all the important information like date & time stamps and all the information about the sender/contact such as his name and mobile number. Here's how to print text messages with the help of this app:
1. Firstly, you’ll need to download the app, and then install it on your computer.
2. When the program is ready, you should launch it, and connect your iPhone to your computer using its USB cable at the same time. Now all of your iPhone text messages and iMessages should appear in the center of the screen of the program.
3. Click on a particular contact, and then click the 'Copy' button. The program will ask you whether you want to choose HTML or PDF format. There is also an option to save them as a JPEG, like the screenshotting method. Any of these file formats will print fine, and once you have chosen, you should click ‘Next’.
4. Now click on ‘Start Copy’ button, and decide where it is that you want the file to be saved on your computer. Once you have chosen, it will start to copy. In the end, open the PDF/HTML/JPEG file on your computer and give the print command.
5. If you want to print directly from the program without worrying about saving the text messages and iMessages somewhere on your computer, then what you need to do is click on the contact in the computer program, click on ‘Print’, but then click ‘Start Print’ button.
Step 3: Email Text Messages/iMessages to Yourself
If you only care about getting the message content into an email and don't care about the speaker, date and time stamps of the text messages then you can email text messages to yourself and then print them out.
- Open up the message that you want to print out by turning on your iPhone, and going to the text messages and iMessages app. You should then open up the messages from the contact that you want to print.
- Now you need to copy the text messages and iMessages, and you can do this by tapping on the ‘Copy’ button, or holding down your finger on the message until Copy/More appears.
- Then you need to go to your email app, and open up a new email. Input your own email address into the send bar.
- In the section where you write the message, you need to paste what you copied from your text messages and iMessages. Then all you have to do next is click on ‘Send’
- Turn on your computer, and open up your emails to see the new message there that contains all of your text messages and iMessages.
You can now open up a program such as MS Word, paste the text messages and iMessages there, and print them directly off.
I hope you find this Instructable useful.