I have always been fascinated with string art. When I saw this contest,I decided it was time to do my first instructable.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials Needed
- Black thick chart ( i used fabriano sheet)
- thread (i used embroidery thread) - white, multicolored pinks)
- pin or thumb tack
- Paper clips
Step 2: Design Your Pattern
- I drew out the pattern on a plain drawing sheet
- My largest square is 28cm x 28 cm
- The squares inside are drawn by connecting the midpoints
- Mark the lines in gaps of 1/2 cm
- Draw and check the pattern you prefer to use
Step 3: Transfer the Pattern Points to Main Sheet
- Please ignore the pencil pattern because while I was doing it , I changed it .
- Use a pin or thumb tack to mark the points
Step 4: Sheet With the Points Transfered
Step 5: Start Your String Art
- You need to start with the smallest square
- The second, third and fourth squares follow the same pattern
Step 6: Square 5
- Join the points 1 with 1, 2 with 2, 3 with 3 etc
- Do this for the bottom side also
Step 7: Square 6
- Mark 9 points from each corner and join according to the pattern
- After finishing the square , realized that it needed something more...... so added square 5 pattern to top and bottom parts
Step 8: Square 7
- You need to follow the same pattern for the top and bottom sides
- While I was doing it , I realized the strings were too long so they were becoming loose. So I decided to to weave it as I continued
Step 9: The Corners
- I used white thread for the corners
- Follow the pattern and join the like numbers
Step 10: Final Output
- Used a whitener to put a dot in the center of the eye
I hope this instructable was easy to follow.