Introduction: The Grilled Three Cheese
Whether you're an amateur at cooking, in need of a quick meal, or simply love grilled cheeses, this recipe is for you. A grilled cheese is known as one of the easiest foods to prepare but can sometimes be bland by using only one type of cheese. That's where this one excels. As stated in the title, this grilled cheese contains three cheeses: gouda, muenster, and American. These three cheeses combine to create one of the best grilled cheeses you'll ever taste.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients and Supplies
- 1 1/2 tbsp. of butter
- 2 slices of white bread
- 1 slice of muenster cheese
- 1 slice of gouda cheese
- 1 slice of American cheese
- Butter Knife
Step 2: Preheat the Oven
- Preheat a burner on the stove to medium heat.
- Place the frypan on the burner to be used.
WARNING: The burner and frypan will be hot. Avoid touching both of these.
Step 3: Put Butter in the Frypan
- Use the knife to place 1/2 tbsp. of butter in the frypan.
- Try to melt the butter evenly throughout the frypan.
Margarine can be used instead if preferred.
Step 4: Butter the Bread
- Use a butter knife to apply 1/4 tbsp. of butter to only one side of the white bread.
- Apply the butter in multiple areas so that it melts evenly.
- Repeat the previous steps for the other piece of bread.
Again, margarine can be used instead if preferred. Also, other varieties of bread can be used instead.
Step 5: Place the Bread in the Frypan
- Make sure the butter in the frypan has fully melted.
- Place the bread in the frypan with the buttered side face down.
Step 6: Adding the Cheese
- Remove all plastic or paper from the 3 cheese slices.
- Place the gouda cheese slice on a slice of bread.
- Place the American cheese slice on the other slice of bread.
- Place the muenster cheese slice on top of the American one.
Step 7: Combining the Two Pieces of Bread
- Wait approximately 2-4 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Use the spatula to place the 2 slices of bread together so that the all of the cheeses are now touching.
Step 8: Brown the Bread
- Use the spatula to flip the sandwich periodically to brown the sides.
- Perform this step for however long you prefer.
The longer you keep the sandwich cooking, the more burnt the bread is.
Step 9: Enjoy!
- Transfer the grilled cheese from the frypan to a plate using the spatula.
- Wait a minute to let the sandwich cool down and then enjoy!
The Grilled Three Cheese is a quick, delicious meal that will have you wanting more. While it already is tasty, feel free to experiment with it by possibly adding ham. It's simple enough to make for an amateur at cooking while also delicious enough for anyone. I hope you enjoy your Grilled Three Cheese!