In this you will know how to make this simple light project at home.
"The light adds the perfect touch to evening gatherings, relaxing on the porch or drifting off to sleep."
Step 1: Tools + Materials
- Mason jar
- Battery-operated mini LED string lights
- Glow-in-the-dark fabric paint
- Small piece of lacy fabric
- Hot glue gun
Step 2: Let's Start
- Begin by cutting out small wings from the lacy fabric. Hot glue them to the backside of each of the lights on the LED string of lights.
- Apply a drop of glow-in-the-dark paint to the back of each light on top of the wings. Use a hairdryer on low warm heat to aid in speeding up the drying process. Work with a couple lights at a time to apply the paint and dry.
- Next, flip over the lights and apply the glow-in-the-dark paint to the front of the bulbs using the same process as the back. Allow the lights to dry completely before assembling the jar.
- Decorate the outside of the Mason jar. With the glow-in-the-dark paints, I added some grass at the base. Try adding some swirls, dots or even a moon to the jar. Set it aside to dry.
Step 3: Finally!!
Once the light strand is dry and if the battery fits in the lid of the jar, hot glue it into the jar's lid with the switch facing out. (Battery changes are easy.
Peel the case from the dried hot glue lid. Replace the batteries and re-hot glue it into place.
If the battery doesn’t fit, feel free to simply place it into the bottom of the jar.
Wait for nightfall and enjoy!