The Playa Mary is the ultimate Bloody Mary recipe for preparation in harsh environments, especially when your supplies will be limited due to packing and transportation constraints. It utilizes four non-perishable ingredients; three store-bought and one you will need to make yourself. Don't worry, I've already published the recipe for my horseradish vodka infusion; so this will be a piece of cake for you.
- Horseradish Vodka
- V8 (or equivalent tomato based veggie puree juice)
- Old Bay seasoning
- Tobasco Sauce (or sriracha, ghost pepper, etc)
- Pint glass
- Shot glass
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: The Mix
- Put a few splashes of your pepper sauce into the glass.
- Add a few dashes of Old Bay seasoning
- Measure out your vodka, and add to the glass.
- Pour in your veggie juice. Pour with the right height and motion and you won't need to stir.
Step 2: Enjoy!
At this point you can add ice, if you have it. Ice is sometimes hard to keep in the desert, but my friend Dusty says that ice is essential to create the chilled fire of a proper Playa Mary.
Participated in the
Homebrew & Cocktails Contest