Introduction: The PrintrBot Simple and CURA/Flash and Get the Software/Then Go, Go, GO!
- Okay! Turn on your computer...
- Plug in your PrintrBot Simple.
- Make sure all your settings and options are the way you choose them to be.
- Remember to use Pronterface UI under preferences before printing in 3D using CURA (latest version).
- If you need to flash your board to the latest firmware, please do this before attempting this example.
- Flash and get ready!
- So, by now the computer has started and the PrintrBot Simple is plugged in and working via USB and power source.
- Now...we need to download CURA.
- Go to www.UltiMaker.com and look for the software CURA download link.
- Download the CURA (latest version) software.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: RE: After Everything Is Connected and Set Up/Get on In!
- Okay...we need to get an .stl file for the PrintrBot and CURA 3D print.
- Go to www.thingiverse.com.
- Look over the page. Get familiar with its easy interface.
- Go over to their option "Explore."
- Click on it and go to "Customizable Things."
- Click on that link for customizable things.
- Go to the search bar.
- Type in "knobs."
- Scroll down the screen to find your specific knob. We have chosen a black range knob.
- Get that .stil file of the knob.
Step 2: RE: After the Knob Has Downloaded and We Need to Set Up CURA for Our Print/Seth
- The first pages of set up information are what people already know but it is needed in some circumstances.
- We need to upload our downloaded file from ThingiVerse.com to our CURA software.
- Upload that "sucker!"
- Now...we need to set up some additional steps.
- If you have not used CURA before...
- Go to "file" and then to "load model file..."
- Click on "load model file..."
- Search through your computer to find your downloaded .stl file of the knob.
- Click it...
- Actually, double click the .stl file to upload it to CURA.
Step 3: RE: Now...We Are Ready to Have Our Items Print...
Here it goes...
- Once you click print, do not abandon your machine while it is printing.
- It should take a couple of minutes. Probably, the whole entire amount of time will only add up to about 15 minutes of printing time for this specific print.
- So, kick back and watch your machine in action.