Introduction: The Talking Frog
This is a fun and simple little origami project that is great for little ones with a bit of help, it is just as enjoyable for the older ones too, hope you like it!!!
Step 1: Making the Square
Take an a4 piece of paper and fold one corner down, next cut along the line, you should be left with a folded square (which you can then unfold) and a small strip of paper. DO NOT throw the other piece away.
Step 2: Making the Head
1. Fold the square on half, then open it up again.
2. Fold the top corners in to the centre.
3. Fold the big triangle down.
4. Turn over.
Step 3: Making the Frog
1. Fold in the two sides to the centre and open back up.
2. Now fold in the two corners.
3. Fold the right side diagonally into the centre, now push the bottom corner in so it makes a mini house shape as shown in the pictures above.
4. Repeat on the other side.
Step 4: Making It Talk
1. Turn it over and fold the lower half of the diamond up.
2. Take the other piece of paper and cut it so it is about 1 or 2 cm taller than the frog itself.
3. Fold it over and over until you have a long strip
4. Make a small tear in the frog as shown in the picture and push the strip up as far as it will go.
5. Draw on some eyes and move the mouth down, with a little bit of fiddling you should be able to get it to speak when you push the strip up and down!
thanks for reading, and hope you enjoyed making it!!!