Intro: TheDunkis's Realistic Knex AK-47 (with Detacheable Magazine)
Ok well after a couple nags I decided to post this gun. I honestly didn't make it for quality I was just proving to people that I could make a realistic AK-47 that has a good magazine. Turns out a few people liked it. It doesn't have a proper trigger yet but that's why I'm posting it now so that people can mod it. I already have someone ready to mod it as soon as it's posted. It has a rather big magazine for blue rod that is easy to take off and put back on. Sorry but white rods just don't work for me but the way I made the gun you can easily modify the loading area's size and then use whatever magezine you want and still have it detacheable.
I'm starting my new campaign for seeing who the best knexers are by seeing who is willing to add this list so please do the same with your instructables or feel the shame of not being honest...yup wether you think so or not you aren't going crazy it's your conscience that's bothering you so post this exact same thing (or slightly modified paragraph) so that it may spread.
Started by TheDunkis
-Easy to build for the most part
-Can be easily modded
Cons (* fixed in the AK-74)
-A lot of barrel friction*
-Usually need to take of sights for bullets to shoot*
-Magazine may jam*
-No proper trigger yet*
Man I can never settle with any design I make. I destroyed the AK-74u to make...I can't remember. Anyways now I mad my final version and I promise I'll post it. I don't have a picture yet but it is based off of an AK-74. Here is what I've changed from the AK-47
-added true trigger
-used same handle but modified it a little.
-lengthened true barrel but with less friction.
-widened fake barrel so there is no friction after the bullet leaves the true barrel
-overall fixed jamming problems
Overall it should be more reliable. It will jam less often, be more powerful, and be more accurate. I'm surprised at the rating I got for this mainly based on the looks so with my updated version I'm hoping to improve it further.
Step 1: Back of Gun
The handle and stock. Very simple
1. Just make two layers of each and attach with blue rods between the handle and upper part. Add a middle layer to the handle if desired.
2. Simple stock. Feel free to add your own. You can use any connectors you want to keep it stable I just ran low on oranges so i used the weird orange half moons. The yellows on the back provide more support so that the stock doesn't the stock doesn't get moved around when used.
3. Connecting...very difficult. Took me like 5 hours before I got it to work...*cough*
Step 2: Mid Gun+magazine
The main part of the gun. You can use my detacheable clip loading design as long as I'm credited.
1. Should be easy enough to make.
2. Underside. Still easy to make.
3+4. Hardest part to make in the whole instructable. When you are finally able to get it done add it to the bottom of the first part.
5. Connect to the handle+stock part like so.
6. Magazine. I'm sure you can figure out the magezine.
Ok I guess I'll explain how the detachable magazine works. It's really simple and I'm sure it's been done before. The green rods on the top of the magezine will click into the black nobs on the snowflakes in the loading area. The orange connectors on the sides keep the magazine from wobbling and it should stay very stable. The red connectors up top should slide right in there in between the orange connectors. and provide load without much jamming.
Step 3: Front of the Gun
The whole front is just for decoration purposes. I'm planning on extending the barrel and making the whole front even more realistic some time later.
1. Front grip. Surprisingly comfy. Just make two patterns of yellow red yellow red ect. or all yellows if you have enough on yellow rods. Then connect them both at each end with the red connectors like so. Make sure to insert two yellow rods in the holes too. A little tricky but not too hard to get through the red connectors blocking the holes.
2. Barrel with the grip on. Sorry I didn't break this up more but I was kind of rushing. It's still fairly easy just look at the next few pictures. The grip connects with the two yellow rods that went through the wholes. Note that the snowflakes over it are connected to it with green rods.
3. Front end. The Middle is for support so it doesn't wobble. You still will probably have to remove the sites to make sure you don't hit them when shooting. I'm working on fixing this.
4. bacl end of barrel. Not too hard to do. They are all connected with green rods but if you find it too difficult to do it will still remain sturdy without them. What I do is ad them on the outside then push then in from the outside to the inside with another green rod. Also if your going to space the middle out then make sure you only use a black nob for the top one. Other connectors may make it jam.
5. Connecting barrel to rest of gun. Just slip each rod end into the red connectors.
Step 4: Finishing Up.
Sorry I forgot to add the firing pin to the last steps.
1. You can replace the snowflake and orange connector with just a yellow connector with only a blue rod on the middle spot. You can also replace the small spring if you do not have one with another dark grey connector. Insert this into the top whole of the gun with the orange connector going around the outside. This provides support and the pin won't bend up from using rubberbands. If you use the yellow conntor idea from above then put it in with the connector facing down and the blue rod going underneath the top of the stock. This should make it so it doesn't get in the way with aiming. For the block trigger just add a rubberband from the end with no white rod to a blue rod that's connecting the handle. No worries true trigger coming very soon.
2. Finished gun without magazine.
3. Finished gun with magazine.
To load just insert the magzine with the front end first clicking it into place then the back end. I recommend loading the magezine before connecting it with the gun. You can use any custom auto load rod. Then just pull back the pin and shoot. Thanks for building! I need ideas so please leave any you have that are non explosive/minigun weapons. Also I want a real (or any movie/videogame)gun to replicate not just features you want me to put into a gun. Pictures would be helpful too.