Introduction: Three Ingredient Peanut Cookies
Peanuts or Ground Nuts as we call them grows in abundance in our place. Other than extracting oil, we use peanuts to make very delicious sweet and savoury snacks.
Peanut cookies is a sweeter version of snack made with three ingredients
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 100 grams of peanuts
- Equal amount of country-made Jaggery. Do not use normal sugar, it will not bind the cookies
- About 8 to 10 pieces of cardamom pods
Step 2: Dry-fry the Peanuts
- Stir fry the Peanuts in a frying pan over low to medium flame without any oil
- When the outer skin of peanuts starts to turn dark brown, remove from stove and transfer to a wide vessel and allow them to cool to room temperature
- Once the peanuts are cooled, remove the outer skin with hand
Step 3: Grind Peanuts
- Add the skinned Peanuts to a mixer grinder along with cardamom pods and grind to a fine powder
Step 4: Add Jaggery
- Break the country-made jaggery into pieces and add to the mixer
- Grind everything together to make the cookie mix and transfer to a wide bowl
Step 5: Make Cookies
- Now you can use a cookie cutter to shape the mix. You can use any shape you like
- Stuff the mix tightly in the cookie cutter. You can use another small plate to press down the cookies
- Push the cookies out from the bottom and take them out. No need to add any oil to cookie cutters to remove them
Step 6: Garnish and Serve
Arrange the cookies in a plate, garnish with Pomegranate seeds and serve
These cookies can be served as an evening snack. You can also store the cookies in an air-tight container or in the fridge for about a month.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017