Introduction: Throw an HIMYM Series Finale Party
Come Monday night, we're all going to be heartbroken to watch our favorite series, How I Met Your Mother, come to an end. The least we can do is send it off in style!
For the record: I don't own any songs, images, etc., and I'm not affiliated with the show in any way. I've just been watching it since the beginning, and I'm super sad that it's ending.
Step 1: Food
Burgers - make sure to put a sign next to them saying "Best Burger in New York"
Tantrum - Just print this label and wrap it around a bottle of Mountain Dew
Yellow Umbrella drink (typical party hunch punch)
- 1/2 bottle of 99 Bananas
- 1 bottle of pineapple rum
- 1 jug (more if you want a weaker drink)of orange-pineapple juice (no pulp, seriously you'll regret the pulp)
- Mix it all together & voila!
The Captain - Rum & Coke
Step 2: Soundtrack
I've combined these all into a handy YouTube playlist for you. This is of course nowhere near a full list of all of the songs on the series, just a nice playlist to get you started. Of course you could always go with the official soundtrack, but what fun is that?
Hey Beautiful by The Solids (theme song)
- Let's Go to the Mall
- Sandcastles in the Sand
- P.S. I Love You
- Two Beavers are Better Than One
- You Just Got Slapped
- Marshall v. the Machines
- Best Night Ever
- Night Night, Little Marvin
- Super Date
- Puzzles Theme Song - with Barney
- Nothing Suits me Like a Suit
- Barney Stinson, That Guy's Awesome
- For the Longest Time - with Ted
Bang Bang Bangity Bang
I'm Gonna Be (Walk 500 Miles) by The Proclaimers
Step 3: Drinking Game
- Marshall & Lily high-five
- Barney says "suit up", "challenge accepted", or "Legendary" (this includes "Legen...wait-for-it...dary")
- Lily tells a secret
- Marshall says "Lawyered"
- Robin mentions Canada or anything Canadian
- Any of the characters take a drink
- Ted has a voiceover
- You catch an inside joke from an earlier season
- You cry
- Ted says he loves anyone
- Anyone says "Have you met..."
- The yellow umbrella is referenced
- Any characters have a heart-to-heart
- Your friend catches an inside joke from an earlier season that you don't
- A minor character's storyline/future is summed up
- Ted's kids are on-screen
- Robin & Barney say "I do"
- Robin & Barney kiss
- Anyone has a telepathic conversation
Finish Your Drink
- Ted FINALLY meets the mother
- A major character's future is summed up
- We find out what happened with the pineapple incident
- Any character other than Ted has a voiceover
Step 4: Decorations
The possibilities are endless! Here are just some of the ideas to get you started:
- An "Intervention" banner
- Photo Booth
- New York Skyline backdrop
- Duck Tie
- Yellow Umbrella
- Paper teacup pig
- Threeway Belt (plastic WWE belt from a toy store)
Step 5: Twitter
Are you planning on live-tweeting the finale? Well here are some official Twitter accounts to help you out.
HIMYM Production: @himymprod
Carter Bays: @CarterBays
Craig Thomas: @HimymCraig
Josh Radnor: @JoshRadnor
Jason Segel: @jasonsegel
Alyson Hannigan: @alydenisof
Cobie Smulders: @CobieSmulders