Intro: Toddler Work Bench
This is a work bench I made for my son's second birthday. There's not quite enough pictures for a step-by-step Instructable, but I figured it could be an inspiration for someone looking to build something similar for their little tool thief.
- The work bench frame is made from 1x2s and 1x4s.
- The top and bottom are just some particle board I had laying around from another project.
- The doors and sides are 1/4" sanded plywood with the nice side facing out.
- The back is 1/8" hardboard, which is made out of the same stuff the pegboard is made of (not cardboard, but somewhat similar).
- The door hardware can be found at just about any home improvement store or Amazon. I used self-closing hinges to avoid magnets or clasps.
- All of the metal pegs are ziptied in place.
- The plastic bins are made by Quantum and can be found at Menards or Amazon
- The vice (shown in the last picture) is from Amazon: Olson Saw 37-210 Plastic Mini Vise
- Everything is screwed and glued together, then finished with a few coats of Rust-Oleum clear enamel coating.