This is a simple hack but it solves the irritating problem of getting the toothpaste at the business end of the tube and it costs nothing or next to nothing. The steps are:
- Get a clothespin and disassemble it from the spring
- Turn the parts so that the flat ends meet
- Find a bolt and wingnut and a washer
- Drill thru the thick end of the clothespin
- Assemble as shown.
- Slightly loosen the wingnut to slide the contraption over the end of the toothpaste tube.
- Put a rubber band in a figure 8 around the ends of the clothespin
- Move the device up to force toothpaste to the top.