Introduction: Trader Joe's MRE #2
Second Trader Joe's Meal Ready to Eat "MRE"; a little more nutrition than the 1st one I created:
- Does not require refrigeration to store or heating to eat
- Tastes good
- Healthy with various vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, protein
- Made from natural ingredients (ie: no high fructose corn syrup)
- Does not require utensils to eat
Vegetarian; there is a little milk in one of the bars.
- Trader Joe's Bran Flakes(Nutrition: Vitamins A, B, C, E, iron, zinc, fiber, carbs, protein)
- Trader Joe's Seasoned Kale Chips(Nutrition: Carbs, fiber, protein, Vit A (high), Vit C, Calcium, Iron)
- Trader Joe's Almonds(Nutrition: protein, carbs, fiber, Vitmns A, E, B1, B2, B3, Biotin, Folate)
- Trader Joe's Blueberry Cereal Bar(Nutrition: carbs, fiber, protein, calcium, iron)
- Cliff Bar(Nutrition: Carbs, fiber, protein, Vtmns A, C, D, E, K, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, Folate, Biotin, Pantothetic Acid, Phosphorus, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Chromium)
- Protein Cliff Bar(Nutrition: Carbs, fiber, protein, calcium, Vtmns A, C, D, E, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, K, Pantothenic Acid, Iodine, Magnesium)
- 2 Trader Joe's Fruit Strips(Carbs, Vitamin C, Iron)
- 1 Trader Joe's Bottled Water (hydration)
- 1 Trader Joe's paper bag
- 1 Resealable plastic bag
- Rubber bands (about 6)
Step 1: Bran Flakes
- Pour some of the Bran Flakes into one of the resealable bags and seal.
- Take out 4 almond packages from the main almond bag.
Step 2: Place Items in Bag
- Place the Trader Joe's bag on its side.
- Put the water 1st in the bottom of the bag for balance. If it is placed on one of the sides of the bag, it will be more difficult to carry since it will be unbalanced.
- Place the other items in the bag in front of the water.
- Close and flatten the bag on the items.
Step 3: Fold and Seal the Bag
- Fold the top of the bag over the bottom portion where the food and water is.
- Using the rubber bands, secure the bag on either side of the handles.
- Use the handles to carry the MRE on your urban and rural adventures.
- If you are going to need extra hydration, add a 2nd bottle of water.
- For more energy, add another Cliff Bar and/or Cliff Protein Bar, or more almond packs.
- The rubber bands can be saved and used after the MRE is eaten.
- The paper bag, which is fairly thick paper, can also be used to sit/lay on, as head cover, to write on, carry additional items, part of a splint for broken bones, etc.
- Resealable bag can be used to store items and as a makeshift bandage to keep dirt out of wounds.
- Adding wound bandages and duct tape on a pen (Portable Duct Tape) can give you added tools to work with while you are out in the urban/rural field.