Introduction: Traditional Omelette (cheese and Basil Filling)
Bring a classy breakfast menu to the table with this traditional omelette, perfect for either a Sunday brunch with friends or to kick start the week right on Monday morning!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients (for One Omelette)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 onion
- 1 basil leaf
- 3 tbsp cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Step 2: Preparations
- Lightly grate / chop basil leaves
- finely dice onion
- grate cheese (or use grated ones)
- crack two eggs in a bowl
- whisk the eggs and add salt
Step 3: Setting the Crust
In a hot pan:
- add 1 tbsp olive oil and heat it up at medium-high heat
- pour egg into the center and tilt pan to get the egg fill up the whole surface, sprinkle black pepper.
- cook until the egg is almost fully solidified. During the process, use a spatula to lift the edges of the egg
Step 4: Filling and Flipping
- place onion, cheese, and basil leaf on one half of the omelette;
- flip over the other half on top of the fillings.
Step 5: Garnishing
- Transfer omelette to plate by flipping it over one last time;
- Garnish with a bit more grated basil leaves on top;
- Serve while hot.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017