Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients:
350 g Paella Rice (1 ¾ cup)
100 g (1cup) Garrofo/Lima Beans
150 g (10 pods) Romano Green Beans
600 g (1.3 lb.) Chicken thighs (preferably with skin on) & Rabbit Pieces
1 Tomato, grated (discard the skin)
40 ml (1/3 cup) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1.2 – 1.5 l (5-6 cups) Chicken Stock
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Sweet Paprika
About a Teaspoon Saffron (and/or food coloring)
Makes: 3-4 portions
Time: Preparation: 10 mins + Cooking: 40 mins
Step 2: Directions:
1. Put your paella pan over the largest ring on your stove. Pour the olive oil in the middle. Sprinkle some salt around the oil in order to protect the pan from burning around the edges (this is mostly for large pans where you won’t cover the whole surface with meat) Heat the oil.
2. Add the meat (skin side down) and fry on both sides. This will take about 10 minutes. Once the meat is cooked, move if from the center of the pan. Just simply push it towards the edges, making space in the middle for the vegetables.
3. First fry the Romano green beans for 2-3 minutes. Now throw in the Garrofo/Lima beans. Fry these for 2-3 minutes as well. Now season the beans with a pinch of salt. Add sweet paprika, grated tomato & garlic and sauté for a few minutes. Now it’s time to move the meat around, mixing it with the vegetables.
4. Pour in about a liter of the chicken stock. Throw in saffron and/or food coloring. Bring to the boil & boil for 10 minutes. Add rice & some more stock or salt, if needed. Try to spread the rice around as evenly as possible and this is also the moment when you can arrange the meat and vegetables the way you want your paella look like after it’s cooked. This is important as you won’t be stirring it anymore at all!!!
5. Cook on a high heat for 10 minutes. After, reduce the heat to low-medium and cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until the rice has absorbed all the stock.
6. The rice should be stuck to the bottom of the pan and have slightly burnt look. That’s the best part!
7. Serve with a wedge of lemon.
Step 3: Watch the Video for This Recipe:
Step 4: Subscibe/Follow Us to Get the Latest Updates:
► Website: www.happyfoodstube.com
► Youtube: www.youtube.com/happyfoodstube
► Google+: https://plus.google.com/+happyfoodstube
► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/happyfoodstube
► Instagram: http://instagram.com/happyfoodstube
► Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/happyfoodstube
► Twitter: https://twitter.com/happyfoodstube