Intro: Traditional Szechuan Chicken
The traditional szechuan cuisine is always explosive with its palette of flavors. This traditional recipe is no different, with strong presence of chili pepper, garlic, ginger and szechuan pepper.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Chicken Breast
- Green onions
- chili pepper
- soy sauce
- black pepper
- szechuan pepper
- cooking wine
Step 2: Cutting Prep
- Cut chicken breast into inch size chunks
- dice scallion
- slice garlic
- cut ginger into threads
Step 3: Saute the Spices
In a hot pan, add 3 tbsp of oil:
- add in chili pepper and szechuan pepper
- suate until chili turns brown and szechuan pepper turns black
- add ginger and garlic
- lightly brown the garlic
- add in scallion
- deglaze with cooking wine
Step 4: Frying the Chicken
- throw in the chicken
- add soy sauce, vinegar and black pepper
- mix well and cook until the colour sticks onto the chicken.
Step 5: Finishing Up
- Add 1/3 cup of water
- cook on medium heat for 4 minutes
- sprinkle in starch and flour, reduce the sauce to paste like state.
- Remove from heat, transfer to plate, and serve right away.