Introduction: Trash-to-Treasure Marquee Letters
Turn discarded styrofoam packaging into beautiful 3-D marquee letters! I used GraphicStock.com for scrapbook paper patterns to print out from my home computer to cover these.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Watch the Video Tutorial Here!
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
Printed patterns from GraphicStock.com
Large print out of a letter
Americana Multi-Surface Satin in Metallic Gold
Small spray bottle
Metallic gold paint marker
Step 3: Here's How
1. Print and cut a large letter
2. Trace it on the smooth side of the styrofoam
3. Using your styrofoam cutter, carefully (and slowly) cut out the letter
4. Print your patterns from GraphicStock.com
5. Trace the face of the styrofoam letter face down on the back of the printed pattern and then cut out
6. & 7. Paint the edges of the styrofoam letter with the metallic gold paint
8. & 9. Coat the edges of the letter (over the paint) with Americana Decoupage and then cover with glitter
10. Mist both sides of the paper letter with a spray bottle to relax the paper and then decoupage to the face of the styrofoam letter
11. Place something flat on top for a few minutes while it dries
12. Edge the letters with a metallic gold paint marker *Keep your glitter from getting everywhere by adding another layer of Americana Decoupage over the glitter