Intro: Triple Twisted Ponytail
This hairstyle is perfect if you want your hair out of your face, or if you want something cute for summer. You can wear it as a ponytail, braid, or even a bun. You can also wear a cute headband, add a flower/bow or even leave your bangs out.
Step 1: You Will Need...
- 3 Tiny Hair Ties. (Use clear if you don't want it to show)
- A Comb For Smoothing Your Hair.
- A Bobby Pin If You Have Any Bangs To Pin Back.
Step 2: First Ponytail
- Decide where you want your first ponytail to be. Mine starts about an inch above my ear, smooth hair with a comb if needed. Tie the first ponytail off but make sure to NOT pull the ponytail tight, you want it to be loose.
- Once you've made the first ponytail, split the hair that's against your head so there's an opening.
- Stick your fingers through the bottom and grab your ponytail through the opening you have created.
- Once you've done this, you can gently tighten the ponytail.
Step 3: Second Ponytail
- For the second ponytail, grab hair in the center leaving some on the bottom for the last ponytail. (If you want thicker twists, you can just make two ponytails. If you do this make sure to make the ponytails lower.)
- Split the hair down the middle allowing the first ponytail to drop through. Tie your hair to create the second ponytail.
- Now you want to create another twist the same way as before, by putting your fingers through the bottom of the hole and pulling the ponytail through.
- Gently tighten the second ponytail.
Step 4: Third Ponytail
- For the final ponytail, do the exact same thing but make sure you are wrapping the final ponytail around the other two. Remember if you want thicker twists you can just make two ponytails; just bring them lower.
Step 5: Finishing Touches
For a more relaxed look, gently tug and pull on the twists to loosen areas and make them look fuller.
At this point you want to pin back your bangs if you choose to, or pull down any hair you want to hang out. I pulled down some of my side burns for a more "messy but put together" look.