Introduction: Tripwire Alarm System
This is a tutorial on how to make a simple tripwire alarm system, using these materials.
-Any sort of battery Holder
-A base of your choice
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
- Take your cardboard and cut it into two pieces.
- Push a screws through each piece, and secure.
- Lay the pieces flat against each other, and use the rubber band to attach them.
- Secure a wire to the other ends of the screws.
- Optional: File down your screws for a better connection.
- Cut a length of fishing line long enough to stretch across your doorway.
- Secure a piece of duct tape to one end.
- Take your buzzer, and solder the negative wire onto the positive wire of your battery holder.
- Solder the other end of the buzzer, to one of the wires coming off the screws.
Finally, solder the other screw to the other wire on the battery holder.
When you put the fishing line in between the screws, it will open the circuit. When someone hits the fishing line, the rubber bands will push the screws together, completing the circuit. The buzzer will then go off.
- Finally attach everything to your base.