Introduction: Truffle Cake Without Flour
Due to its velvety and creamy structure,
this cake is deservedly called the Truffle.
Special taste gives physalis.
The highlight of this cake - cooking without flour.
If you are a fan of chocolate try this recipe.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 450 grams black chocolate (80 percent cacao). You can use chocolate with 60 percent cacao
- 250 grams butter
- 9 eggs
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 gram citric acid
For baking form:
- 20 grams butter (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 10 berries - physalis (you can substitute physalis for almost any berries or fruits)
Step 2: Equipment
- baking form (round, diametr 20 сm)
- pan № 1 (with a thick bottom)
- pan № 2 (for water bath) - should be larger in diameter than the pan № 1
- 2 large deep bowls
- 2 small deep bowls
- 3 plates
- a cup
- a mixer (hand or automatic)
- a silicone spoon
- a knife
- a foil
Step 3: Prepare Baking Form
- Wrap the baking form inside with foil.
- Smear the form with soft butter (20 grams butter).
- Then sprinkle cocoa powder (1 tablespoon cocoa powder).
Step 4: Melt Chocolate and Butter in a Water Bath
For a water bath:
- pour water into the pan № 2 at half its capacity;
- put it on the stove;
bring water to a boil.
- break the whole chocolate into small pieces and put in pan № 1 (with a thick bottom);
- chop up the butter with a knife and put in pan № 1 too.
When water boils in the pan № 2, put the pan № 1 on it.
Сhocolate and butter will gradually melt.
During this process stir the ingredients in the pan № 1.
Step 5: Separate Eggs Whites From Egg Yolks
Separate eggs whites from egg yolks into different large deep bowls.
Step 6: Beat Egg Yolks With Sugar
Add sugar to the bowl with egg yolks and beat with a mixer.
Beat until sugar is completely dissolved.
Beaten egg yolks with sugar must look like foam.
Step 7: Beat Eggs Whites With Citric Acid
Add citric acid to the bowl with eggs whites and beat with a mixer.
Beat it into a fluffy mass.
Step 8: Mix Melted Chocolate and Butter With Whipped Egg Yolks
Add melted chocolate and butter to beated egg yolks.
Mix well until you get smooth mass.
Use for this operation a silicone spoon.
Step 9: Add Whipped Egg Whites
Add whipped egg whites to mass and gentle stir.
The finished dough has a smooth and dense texture.
Step 10: Spread the Dough
Spread the dough into a baking form. Use a silicone spoon for this operation.
Step 11: Send Into the Oven
- Put the baking form into a cold oven.
- Bake a cake during 35 minutes at a temperature of 150 ºC. (150 ºC = 302 ºF).
- When the baking time has expired, do not remove the cake from the oven during 5 minutes.
Step 12: Cooling
- Take the baking form from the oven.
- Don't remove the cake from baking form, because it may fall apart.
- Cool baking form (with cake) at room temperature (2-3 hours). Then transfer it to the refrigerator for 10 hours for complete cooling.
- Only after cooling the cake can be removed from the baking form.
Step 13: Decoration
- Sprinkle the cake with cocoa powder (1 tablespoon cocoa powder).
- Decorate using physalis (10 berries).
You can decorate with something other, depending on your mood or taste.
Step 14: Enjoy Truffle Flavor
Participated in the