Turkey pumpkin chili is a seasonal take on a classic chili with beans and corn. With turkey for protein and two kinds of beans, this chili is sure to please a crowd! This chili is flavorful but not too spicy. The pumpkin adds a nice texture and brings out the sweetness of the corn.
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 can pumpkin puree
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can black beans, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
1/2 cup cilantro, minced
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Greek yogurt or sour cream
1. Dice the onion and bell pepper. Mince the cilantro. Drain the beans and corn. Open the cans of pumpkin and tomatoes.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a large pot. Saute the onion and bell pepper until soft.
3. Add the ground turkey and saute until cooked.
4. Add the canned ingredients and bring to a simmer.
5. Add the spices and cilantro. Stir well.
6. Serve hot and garnish.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Participated in the